Join Our Team
Thanks for your interest in Accurate Door. We’re always looking for talented technicians to join our growing team. Please fill out the form below, and we will reach out to you if we think you are a good fit!
Check out our available job opportunities below! We are always looking to grow the Accurate Door team. If you do not see a position currently, we encourage you still submit an application and resume. We are always reviewing applicants and looking for the best to join our company.
Garage Door Technician
- Communication skills, 1 year (Preferred)
- Clean driving record, 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Garage Door Technician
Tired of employers who treat you like a number on their balance sheet? We are offering unique personal and professional growth opportunities for anyone with the ‘right stuff’. We believe every person deserves a chance to experience upward mobility. Every job in our company is a stepping stone to a career you can be proud of. That’s why we only look for individuals who have a desire to grow, are willing to learn to lead others as well as themselves, who will do what it takes to help us achieve our goals of leading our industry in every area. Do you want to be treated like a valued asset?
Why join the Accurate team? Accurate Door is not just another garage door company. We believe our workplaces should be growth spaces that inspire new ways of working, living, and being in our world. That’s why we hire people who not only can do a job but can contribute to a winning team. We have a vision and a plan to change the way our entire industry works so that it attracts only the best skilled, most ambitious, skilled labor in the country. We know that starts with us being the model for our industry.
Accurate Door is hiring new team members to be trained as garage door technicians and installers that will take the same care of our customers (or better) that we have provided for four generations. We believe that people are the heart of our company and we provide our technicians with the best training, tools and gear so they can flourish.
Accurate Door is Accredited through the International Door Association (IDA) and our technicians are certified through IDA. We will be helping you achieve this highest of industry honor too! Our team members receive structured internal company training as well as on-site manufacturer training. Leadership training is infused into our culture with opportunity for a long-term career path and rapid advancement. Business and soft skills training allow our team to go above and beyond and provide themselves and their families with a real future. And, we love our team members to share their ideas…in fact, we insist on it because we have found these ideas to be critical to our entire team’s success.
Do I need experience as a technician? Not if you can learn and have fun, be fearless in admitting what you need to learn, don’t mind a little grease, play well with others, and enjoy winning at the game of business and life. (Must be okay with small animals because occasionally we run into a mouse or two.) We are OK with you having some experience but if you think that’s the main thing we are looking for you have not been paying attention. Our trainers will get you where you need to be with the technical, mechanical, and people aspects of the business. To be successful, you need to provide the motivation and the willingness to learn new and better ways to work.
What will I be doing as a garage door installer and technician? Well, to simply put it, you install and repair garage doors and openers. This requires some electrical skills, mechanical skills, some safety awareness and ability to speak with clients and offer them options to repair and replace products. You can be shy but not afraid! The door is a large appliance in the home and business and requires serious attention. Keeping a neat workspace, an organized truck and cleaning up after yourself on jobs are signs of a great technician who takes pride in their work. Clients love it when their garage is cleaner after we leave than when we arrived…so being able to sweep up is part of the experience.
What do we offer technicians to bring their A- Game?
- Full-Time Annual Pay: $47,000 – 82,000 first year (Seriously!)
- 100% paid employee health insurance coverage (Yes, 100%!)
- Dental insurance (Our clients love a great smile)
- Supplemental insurance (We hope you never need it, but if you do…life, accident, cancer and more will not put you in the poor house)
- Full set of Hilti tools and other top-of-the line specialty tools (The absolute best for the best!)
- Company truck (Valid driver’s license needed and our insurance company likes a clean driving record)
- The best leadership, business and soft skills training in the industry (This is the secret sauce…shhh)
- National Department of Labor Approved Apprenticeship Program (Unprecedented!)
- Uniforms and laundering services – including winter gear (No more laundry…yay!)
- Plenty of consistent work (Overtime opportunities throughout the year)
- Cell phone and tablet (Your very own)
- Paid vacation and Holiday Pay (Start planning a trip now!)
- Performance incentives (Top performers love this!)
- Weekend opportunities (We make more on the weekends and you do too.) (Some of our best opportunities show up on the weekend so we do too)
- Paid in-house training, manufacturer training, safety training, forklift and scissor lift training and certification, C-license, leadership and business programs, and ongoing technical and success training. (When you grow, we grow!)
What do you provide? Steel-toed boots, great attitude, a charming smile, an eagerness to learn, some basic organizational skills and be ready to rock and roll.
What is our philosophy? Simple. We grow people…and we sell a few doors along the way.
From the owner: My dad was an industrial arts (shop) teacher. I saw him provide hope to students in high school that weren’t sure of their future. Those who the structure of a classroom wasn’t where their gifts were honored, but thrived when they were allowed to talk through their ideas or work with their hands. It’s in my blood to call out the full potential I see in every human who is willing to listen. We are that future for anyone who loses a sense of time when they are engaged doing what they love. I invite those who want more out of life to consider joining our team.
Education, Skills and Requirements
- Social skills, Wisdom, Common Sense, Critical Thinking, High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Must pass a background check
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to reach and lift overhead.
- Ability to work in cold and heat.
- Ability to work on ladders.
- Be kind to clients, self and other team members
- Be engaged in your vocation
- Listen and observe
- Have a sense of humor
- Learn so you can grow
- Teach what you learn so you can help others grow
- Service and install residential garage doors, commercial overhead doors, dock equipment, hollow metal doors and residential/commercial operators.
The Accurate Way
Through four generations of great ideas, some not so great ideas, and implementing employee suggestions, we believe we have perfected some methods and techniques which create a consistency in the technical aspects of our business while creating a culture of personal and professional growth, peace and prosperity. The Accurate Way includes teamwork, heart-driven philosophy, going the extra mile, providing win-win-win options, being adaptable and saying yes to great ideas and opportunity.
Respond to this position.
Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.
Please do not contact the job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bonus pay
- Communication skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Clean driving record: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)